from Katherine
You may know that I teach a Creation Story curriculum that Elliott and I created to several preschools around our ministry area. Some of the concepts are a bit difficult for young children to understand so we have worked really hard to make it fun for the kids and focus on showing instead of talking.
You may know that I teach a Creation Story curriculum that Elliott and I created to several preschools around our ministry area. Some of the concepts are a bit difficult for young children to understand so we have worked really hard to make it fun for the kids and focus on showing instead of talking.
This week we are on Day 3 when God said, "“Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” Elliott had a great idea to get a small
plastic tub and put small holes in the sides. We place a flat rock in the tub and
cover it with dark blue water made from food coloring to represent the seas. Then we pull the covering off the holes and just enough water drains out to expose the rock. What the children saw was a 'small ocean' and then the
'seas' gathered into one place and the land came forth. The kids loved it! And believe it or not,
Elliott found a rock that resembled the shape of South Africa!
At the Sirhashini school there is a dog that follows his boy to school
and spends the day there. When I was there yesterday, the dog drank all the blue water. Thankfully, he
waited until after the demonstration! I am not sure how I would have explained that part of the story if he had drank the water during the process. If he had done it before the demonstration I would have had to carry the water bucket to the bottom of the canyon and down to the river beacuse that it where the closest water is!
Today, I was at the Mzamba preschool. They
have a goat that hangs around and sometimes comes in the building so I guarded the demonstration inside the small church until the
children were ready to see how God made the waters part!
No comments:
Post a Comment