Our family returned to South Africa on January 14th
after spending 5 weeks in the U.S. with family and friends. We had a great time
and loved seeing so many old and new friends. Thanks for a tremendous time!
A few days after we returned my cell phone rang and when I
answered I heard a familiar voice say “I just wanted to hear your voice.” Wow! Someone
cares enough our relationship that the sound of my voice would satisfy their soul. I
will try to tell you what that means to me although I am not sure words are
enough.
I think almost everyone in South Africa has a cell phone.
You don’t have to have air time to place a “please call me” request. Most often
when our phones ring it is a request from someone to please call them back
because they don’t have air time. This
time my friend used her own air time to call just because she wanted to hear
me. To know for herself that I had indeed returned to her homeland, that I
was well and that we would once again be together. My heart soared. My friend was
waiting for me to come home so that we could continue our friendship in person.
I am loved.
No comments:
Post a Comment