from Elliott
We finished our training at MTI on a Friday. We were especially awaiting that day because Emily and Ryan were flying to Colorado to meet up with the three of us and begin a week touring the beautiful mountains. The five of us had not been together in the US since the first of the year - a long time!
We left Colorado Springs and headed south and then west. The gently rolling foothills quickly became jagged mountain peaks with a wide range of vegetation as we climbed in altitude. Valleys were filled with cold mountain streams and scurrying chipmunks and deer. In one spot there was a curious sight-the tallest sand dunes in North America.
Everywhere we turned there was something of beauty to gaze upon in wonder and in awe. God's fingerprint was everywhere!
While it all left an imprint on my mind, I wonder if any of it was as powerful as seeing God at work through the interaction of our three children; back together again after seven months apart. Their laughter, play and and love for one another are clearly evidence of God's plan for our lives together.
As I pondered that thought, I quickly realized how blessed I am to have been called by their heavenly father to be their earthly father.
Friday, July 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i just cried reading this...just so ya know. i love you daddy, and i am so blessed you are my earthly father. LOVE YOU ~mimi
ReplyDeleteYay! You were all together! :)
ReplyDelete