Empowering The Xhosa People

Educational Empowerment
- Creation Based Enrichment Program
- Literacy Enhancement

Economic Empowerment
- Small Business Training with Micro Lending
- Savings and Credit Associations

Spiritual Empowerment
- Youth Group and Youth Camp
- Leadership Development for Pastors and Lay Leaders

Click Here for our latest brochure and more details

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Cason Visits Port Edward Primary

from Cason

I visited the Port Edward Primary School with my friend Jonathon who is in grade four. It is the school where I will attend when we move. School starts at 7:30am and they wear uniforms like at my former school, Landmark. The uniform is brown shorts and white button up shirts. They also have brown sweaters.

There were about 15 people in the class I visited. The first thing that we did was say the Lord’s Prayer. The teacher asked me to stand and tell the class my name, where I was from and what it is like back home. The classes I attended were math, science, Zulu and Afrikaans. I think I will do fine in math and science but learning two new languages freaks me out.

They have breaks in between classes and for lunch I had something like chicken pot pie. We ate on the soccer field and you can see the ocean from there. During lunch the boys talked about rugby and the girls next to me talked about horses and ponies. Some things are the same as America.

After school I went to rugby practice with Jonathon. I don’t know anything about rugby but I better learn since it is so popular here.

I would really like to spend the day at the tide pools and the beach but I don’t think mom and dad will let me skip school!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you're learning about rugby, Cason! I used to play rugby! :) Sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete