from Elliott
A lot of times we think of a gift as something that is ‘tangible’ like a Christmas present or a financial contribution to the ministry. When we started raising financial support, I will have to admit I had a ‘spreadsheet’ mentality – that is, the numbers drove the process.
I am finding though that God has a different plan. His way is for us continue to say ‘yes’ to the calling through our ongoing obedience and allow Him to provide through that obedience. But how do you continue to say ‘yes’ even through the ups and downs of the process?
It has become very clear that God uses our fellow Brothers and Sisters in Christ to offer the gift of encouragement along the way to facilitate that obedience. Simply asking ‘how is it going?’ or ‘tell me God’s story in South Africa’ or letting us know that they have been praying for us or thinking of us gives us the opportunity to know someone cares, that we have been lifted up and we are not alone, motivating us to persevere.
Many times those gifts of encouragement have come at just the right time; often when we are struggling or weary. No matter the occasion, it gives us pause to consider God’s calling and provision as well as our response.
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm right there with you! The sheer number of people that have reached out to me during the past couple months have blown me away! And you're right, we have a choice--our response.
ReplyDelete